In honor of Brain Awareness Week –starting today!– we’d like to bring your attention to a great book for anyone interested in distinguishing between the myths and realities of neuroplasticity and brain health. The Kindle version of the book has been discounted to just $1 until March 31st, so you have a great opportunity to read it now (if you haven’t so far) and to make sure your friends and colleagues can read it too!
The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness: How to Optimize Brain Health and Performance at Any Age was co-authored by neuroscientist Elkhonon Goldberg, cognitive psychologist Pascale Michelon and social innovator Alvaro Fernandez, and provides a clear and scientifically sound review that helps readers understand the educational, healthcare and personal implications of promising research related to brain health, including the role of nutrition and exercise, emotion regulation, cognitive training, meditation, biofeedback, and more.
Topics included in this comprehensive and practical guide include:
- Insightful and accessible reviews of the relevant scientific literature
- Numerous summaries and tips within each chapter
- Analysis of leading research-based brain training methodologies and programs
- Over ten “case studies” and a framework to help integrate the new science into every decade of our lives
- Interviews with 20 leading neuroscientists and psychologists
TO ORDER A COPY, you can find it on Amazon HERE
Enjoy a great read, and a great Brain Awareness Week,