Brain Awareness Week took place this month, so let’s first of all discuss these 10 Key Facts to Harness Neuroplasticity & Improve Brain Fitness coming from the hundreds of scientific and medical studies we analyzed to prepare the book The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness: How to Improve Brain Health and Performance at Any Age.
And here’s the rest of SharpBrains’ March e-newsletter exploring the latest in brain health and mental performance.
- Mindfulness training for teachers can result in a better learning environment for students
- Rates of ADHD diagnosis and medication treatment continue to increase substantially
- New brain imaging methods help detect giant, superconnected neurons such as this one (in a mouse’s brain)
- Neuroplasticity as seen by one of its earliest scientific proponents: Neuroscience pioneer Santiago Ramón y Cajal
- Canadian teacher Maggie MacDonnell wins annual $1M Global Teacher Prize
- 100 newly recognized Young Global Leaders train their brains (and others’) by tackling complex challenges with innovative approaches
New tools (via SharpBrains’ analysis of neurotech patents):
- The future of personalized brain stimulation via enhanced cognitive-emotive profiles
- Tailoring computing experience based on user’s mental state and quality of attention
- Treating sleep-related breathing conditions–such as sleep apnea–via EEG brainwave analysis
- Facilitating clinical treatments via Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
Have a nice Spring!
The SharpBrains Team